While I’m not a big fan of winter, I do like the fact that we have different seasons, and if I’m going to be completely honest, much of it has to do with clothing. My style varies with each season, and just as I’m getting bored with the things in my closet, the weather changes and so do my outfits. I love the wardrobe change; I don’t love the work involved.
Sometimes when I’m trying to decide something, I like to list the pros and cons first. I thought this might be a great way to show the benefits of using Shores for out-of-season storage.
Storing Clothes at Home
- Before cleaning all my clothes, I first must check to see if any buttons, hems, or seams need to be repaired. Then I actually have to do the repairs.
- I have to make sure all garments are clean before putting them away.
- I must find proper containers, pack my clothes away, and then find a temperature appropriate, dry place to put my clothes for the season.
- If moths or insects attack my clothes, I have to pay for repairs, if possible, or more likely replacements.
- When I pull my items out of storage, I may have to rewash some items, but I will definitely have to press and freshen them up.
Storing Clothes at Shores
- Point out any clothing repairs, and Shores will take care of them for me.
- Shores cleans all items dropped off for storage.
- Shores folds and boxes all my clothes for one season free of charge. All I have to do is pay for the cost of the cleaning.
- Shores will insure all my items, based on my declared value.
- If I call Shores a week before I want my things, they will freshen, steam, press, and have them ready for pick up.
Storing clothes and household items is a chore and can be a challenge, especially if you are short on storage space. Most basements and attics, unless they are finished, temperature controlled, and free from moisture, are not appropriates spaces for clothing storage. Storing items in these areas could lead to mold and mildew problems or issues with insects.
If you find yourself struggling with clothing storage, call one of our three locations, and we will be happy to schedule an appointment for you to come by and drop off your things.