Tailoring & Alterations
-Tailoring & Alterations-
When it comes to how well you look in your clothing, a good fit makes all the difference. Our in-house tailoring department provides repairs, restyles, and clothing alteration services for your work apparel, wedding and formal wear.
We can pin, mark, and measure clothing for men, women and children for clothing alterations of new, used and vintage garments. We can alter kids’ clothes for the next sibling, to bring a treasured garment back into rotation, and to restore or resize garments as your body and style changes.
Shores provides an array of clothes alterations in Winston Salem. Here are just a few of the clothing alteration services we offer at all locations:
- Wedding Gown Alterations – Hems and waistline adjustments
- Replacement of buttons and beadwork – Turning Collars
- Adding elbow patches to blazers – Lining Replacement
- Narrowing of lapels – Add Patches or Letters to uniforms, jackets and sashes
- Repairs for holes, snags and tears – Re-size or Re-style bridesmaid and formal dresses
- Elastic replacement – Repair slipcovers, draperies, bedding, and other household items
- Three day turnaround on most items
- Seamstress On-site (Winston-Salem). For clothing alterations in High Point, we do fittings, minor repairs and pinning, then all sewing is done by our seamstress off-site.
Shores is the place to visit if you are looking for hand-sewn hems, intuitive, quality repairs and all clothes alterations in the triad. Visit one of our stores or contact us for an appointment that is convenient to your schedule