Uggs. Just about everyone has a pair. Fans of Uggs rave about their warmth and comfort, but they can be a bit impractical given the time of year they are typically worn. A pair of short classic Ugg boots costs around $100. The price tends to go up from there. If you have a pair or are considering purchasing a pair, here are a few things you might want to keep in mind so that your Uggs stay in tip-top form:
- Uggs are not waterproof. Wearing them in the snow or rain can permanently damage the surface. Before you wear them for the first time, drop them off at one of our locations so that we can apply suede protection. This protection won’t allow you to jump in puddles with your Uggs on, but it can help guard against staining while wearing your Uggs in mild inclement weather. Ultimately we suggest you skip wearing them if the forecast is for rain or snow.
- Steer clear of placing your Uggs near a heat source. Heat and sunlight can fade the color and possibly make the fabric dry and brittle.
- If your boots do get wet, let them dry fully before putting them away. Placing them in the closet still damp could lead to mold.
- Always wear socks with your Uggs. This will help reduce the chance of odor.
- Stuff them with paper or a rolled towel when not wearing them. It will help them keep their shape.
- Avoid wearing your Uggs in the kitchen. They tend to absorb odors, and you wouldn’t want to spill something on them while cooking.
But never fear, if you happen to spill something on your Uggs or get caught in the rain, drop them off at any Shores location. We will do our best to return them to like-new condition in about a week.