Posted on December 14, 2016
Shores Fine Dry Cleaning has supported numerous local charities and non-profits during its 60+ years in business. Most recently, our staff has been manning coat checks at many of the fundraising black tie events in the Piedmont Triad. Working these events and interacting with other volunteers has provided our team an up close view of the important work that these organizations provide to our local community, which is why we are so excited about our Cleaning for Charity program.
We developed the Cleaning for Charity program to help give a little extra boost to the fundraising efforts of a few of the local charities we are partnered with. Our partner charities for 2017 are:
- Winterlark, a Cancer Patient Support Program that helps patients and their families manage the distress and symptoms, navigate treatments, and develop and maintain a positive and healing outlook from diagnosis through survivorship.
- JDRF – Piedmont Triad Chapter, an organization that seeks life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat Type 1 Diabetes and its complications.
- Family Services of Greensboro, an organization that empowers individuals and families to restore hope, achieve stability, and thrive through quality support services, advocacy, and education.
The way it works is very simple.
- New and current customers assign a charity to their account. To set up a new account or assign a charity to an existing account, please email us at CleaningForCharity@ShoresCleaners.com, call, or speak to a customer service rep any of our 3 locations and clearly state which charity to assign to your account.
- During the Cleaning for Charity season, January 1 – February 28, 2017, 10% of the gross cleaning charges will be donated to the charity of choice. Gift cards redeemed during the program period will be included as purchases and eligible for the 10% donation.
Reporting and monetary disbursements will be made at the close of the business month following the conclusion of the program. All customer information including purchases made during this program will be handled by our point of sales system. Amounts raised will be shared on our social media outlets after the program concludes.
Our Cleaning for Charity program has the potential to raise thousands of dollars for three fantastic organizations that do so much to help those in our community. Please consider getting in touch with us to get started raising money for your favorite charity. If you don’t already, please follow Shores on our social media outlets for updates and share information with your friends and family regarding these worthwhile causes.