Posted on July 13, 2016
Before I got married, I often wondered why brides purchased their gowns while grooms rented their tuxedos. Then my husband and I got married, and he decided to purchase a custom-made Jhane Barnes tuxedo. He considered renting one, but he didn’t have a style in mind and didn’t know of a reputable place to inquire. While mentioning this to his boss, she thought a better solution would be purchasing as he never knew when he might need a tuxedo again. The last time he wore it was our wedding day – 17 years ago. Now it sits preserved in a beautiful museum-quality chest, next to my beautifully preserved wedding gown, thanks to Shores, in a storage room off his home office upstairs. If only Xedo had been around back then; we would have saved a considerable amount of time, frustration, and space. Our story, and countless others like ours, is exactly why Shores has partnered with Xedo to offer the ultimate solution to the tuxedo dilemma.
Over the next few months, we will share with you success stories, style tips, and inspiration, but today we wanted to give you the scoop on how their service works.
- Pick your style – choose from a selection of pre-styled tuxedos or customize your own.
- Once you’ve selected your style, complete the online questionnaire to order a free home try-on. They provide a tutorial to assist in measuring for size.
- After finalizing your selection, order your tux and add your groomsmen to your account. Xedo will e-mail them the details and request measurements.
- Xedo will ship your tux to your home 2 weeks before the wedding date to give you plenty of time to receive a free size replacement.
- After the wedding, simply box up your tux and use the pre-paid FedEx label to return it at no charge.
But not only does Xedo make the tuxedo rental process incredibly easy, they, more importantly, have partnered with top bridal and menswear designers like Alfred Angelo, Allure, Justin Alexander, Michael Kors and Mon Cheri. You can rest assured that not only do those names mean fine fabrics and custom fit, they also mean the latest in styles that are guaranteed to compliment any wedding gown. To learn more, click here or call any one of our locations and speak to the manager.