Posted on April 18, 2018
You spent countless hours searching for the perfect wedding gown. It’s impossible to describe just how you felt wearing it on your big day, but that day is over and now it’s time to preserve your wedding gown for a future generation. How do you choose a cleaner? What should you expect to receive when it comes to wedding gown cleaning and preservation? After all, having your wedding gown preserved is a big investment, and it’s important to know what you’re receiving in the process. When you have your gown cleaned and preserved at Shores, it’s far beyond what you’ll get at other dry cleaners:
- Cleaned by a certified gown specialist with over 20 years of gown cleaning expertise. Our gown specialists receive training from gown care experts on a yearly basis. Additionally, Shores is a member of the Association of Wedding Gown Specialists, and this allows us to tap into the knowledge of the best gown care and restoration specialists across the country.
- Wrapped in acid free acid free tissue. Why is this important? Well, over time most tissue paper becomes acidic and brittle, and the acidity will transmit to any item it is touching causing the same thing to happen to that item.
- Zero-Carbon offset. Shores is mindful of the impact cleaning and preserving a wedding gown has on the environment, that’s why we’re happy that the Association of Wedding Gown Specialists contacted Carbonfund.org to calculate the carbon footprint of wedding gown cleaning and preservation to help us ensure we leave a net zero footprint.
- Plain muslin cover and wrap. This special fabric provides a barrier from things like moisture, UV sunlight, and bugs, which could cause your gown to fade, weaken, yellow, or become weak and brittle.
- Before and After Booklet. A guide that shows brides what gowns look like before the work was performed and the results after the work was completed.
- Association of Wedding Gown Specialists certification valued at $150 which includes a 200 pound bust proof, acid free, and pH neutral logoed AWGS box; anti-sugar treatment; and a lifetime guarantee against yellowing and brown spots.
Finally, Shores is in the process of creating a dust-free preservation room (the only one in the state of North Carolina), which will be climate and light controlled. This will allow us to control the preservation process even more carefully.
Not all wedding gown cleaning companies and preservation specialists are created the same. If you are looking for a company that’s concerned with every little detail of your dress, then Shores this the right place for you. Feel free to stop by or call one of our three locations to get started caring for your gown.