Posted on September 18, 2019
It occurred to me after I shared Shores experience with the Miss North Carolina Pageant, that we’ve never discussed how Shores can bring your formal gowns, cocktail dresses, and party wear back to life, and more importantly, what you should do at home to keep those special wears in pristine condition.
Here’s what Shores will do when you drop off your formal gown:
- A trained member of our customer service staff will make notes of any concerns or issues you may have and will communicate that information to our production staff. He or she will also hand inspect your dress and make note of any damage or stains.
- Before any work is done on your dress, a Certified Master Dry Cleaner will test the fabric before making any stain removal attempts.
- After testing is complete, our trained staff will begin the cleaning process using their knowledge of fabrics, stains, and experience to expertly remove any spots before cleaning your gown on a custom cleaning cycle.
- Once the cleaning portion is complete, finishers will inspect your dress and hand finish it to bring it back to like-new status.
- One final inspection is completed before your dress is packaged and placed on the line, ready for you to pick up.
Here’s what you should do to keep your dress in that like-new condition:
- When you get your dress home, remove it from the plastic bag before putting it away. Plastic can trap moisture and lead to mold and mildew.
- To protect your gown from dust, ask us for a paper dust cover or cover it with a clean, white sheet or cloth.
- Store your gown in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area that is free from sunlight and harsh artificial light.
Following these steps will ensure your gown is ready for your next big event, and because we specialize in cleaning and preserving wedding gowns, it’s a safe bet to trust Shores for all your formal care needs. If your formal wear needs special attention, just drop it off at one of our three convenient locations.